5 things you need to do before you generate income from your website or blog.
You must have started to write your own blog or website to write about your hobby or passion for some thing ot simply for money. Hey that’s fine if you are doing it only for money till you don’t cross the line and start copying material from other websites and pasting on yours without permission.
- Find a niche and write it. Some people just write about anything on their mind, politics, society or even places they have visited and also business related in the same blog. As long as you have bifurcated them in categories its perfect.
- Don’t run after money. They money will follow you. Write some interesting stuff which people would live to write.. not the cat videos… and keep writing. It takes time for a blog or website to be discovered and 3 months for google to index and rank it so have patience.
- Keep writing and writing and occasionally post the links on social media like whats app group, Facebook or twitter. If you are not a famous personality keep 1:4 ration. Which is promote your every 4th article and keep navigation of blog simple so people can ready your other articles too.
- Don’t copy contents. like this topic name I found it useful for my blog but instead of a ditto one changed it to suite my need and article I have written is way different than originally posted on another website. There are online service available which scan the internet and if you have copied some ones else’s material you will get a legal notice or worse your hosting company will get a legal notice to pull down your website. Getting inspiration is fine but cut paste is a No NO.
- Keep your articles in the range of 250 – 1500 words. When you write a post in WordPress it will tell you the word count at the bottoms in a page. Use it. its no hard fast rule but content has to be good and non representative. Google machine learning can easily find it.